Kick off for the 2018 Super Bowl happens this year on the first Sunday of February so mark your calendars! To make the most of this annual event, make sure your Super Bowl Party is done right with all the important things you need to get revved up to root for your team.
Here are some tips to make sure you have everything covered for an epic Super Bowl celebration.
Super Bowl Party Tips
Before the big day arrives, get prepared with tasty foods, drinks, and fan gear to celebrate the kick off with a bang! Every great Super Bowl Party has some elements in common. Make sure you don’t forget about any of these.
Get Amped Before the Big Game
Everyone knows a Football game is more fun when you’re invested in one of the teams and in the right atmosphere. Luckily, you can immerse yourself in the action at the Pro Bowl Experience taking place at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, the official practice site for the 2018 Pro Bowl! This event is sure to get you amped up for the Super Bowl days before it happens.
This free event begins January 24 and continues through the 27th, from 10AM to 6PM. So make sure you join other excited fans for some family-friendly football activities and interactive games!
Just like when you’re going out on a date, your outfit is important! If you don’t have a shirt or jersey to represent your team, at least find clothing with the right colors!
Above all, don’t underestimate the importance of having team-themed decorations or other gear to create the right party atmosphere!
Pro tip: You can do something as simple as setting out a bell to ring every time your team scores. It gets others excited and adds to the good cheer.
Prepare Delicious Drinks
You may be tempted to pick up some beers and call it good. But don’t forget that not everyone enjoys an ice cold beer. Make sure you have some options for your Super Bowl Party to satisfy different tastes.
Also don’t forget the ice!
Pro tip: If you don’t have enough ice, simply fill up some empty water bottles and throw those in your cooler to keep other drinks cold.
Make Delicious Food and Snacks
No Super Bowl Party is complete without a variety of foods. Whether you’re throwing some burgers on the grill or making something more elaborate, make sure you have some snacks for your guests to nibble on before the main course.
One party favorite that’s fit for your snack table’s centerpiece is an epic 7-layer dip that looks like a football field.
Your guests will love the effort and it tastes delicious too!
Here’s how to make it…
7-Layer Dip For Your Super Bowl Party
These directions make a dip in a 13 x 9 pan. Decrease or increase the amount of ingredients as needed. Make sure you choose a pan with a height of at least 2 inches.
- 18 oz refried beans
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 18 oz black sliced olives
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 18 oz sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 large avocados
You’ll also need:
- One large rectangular baking or metal pan (to represent the football field)
- A rubber spatula
- 1 plastic sandwich bag
- 1 – Start off by placing a large, even layer of refried beans at the bottom of your pan.
- 2 – Cover the beans with a layer of tomatoes, then a layer of onions, cilantro, and olives.
- 3 – Open the container of sour cream. Place 3 large tablespoons inside the plastic sandwich bag to use later. Continue to mix the taco seasoning into the rest of the sour cream.
- 4 – Use the rubber spatula to carefully cover your toppings with an even layer of the sour cream mixture.
- 5 – Blend the avocados until they are smooth (Optional: Add a bit of sour cream to the mixture for better texture). Use the rubber spatula to carefully layer the avocado on top of the sour cream. The avocado should end up looking like a football field.
- 6 – Cut a small hole in the corner of the sandwich bag containing the sour cream. Carefully draw yard lines across your football field. The lines don’t have to be exact, especially if your pan is not large enough.
Your football themed dip is now ready to be served!
Pro Tip: Stick vienna sausages on each end to represent football players and craft a makeshift goal post out of straws and tape or Slim Jims and toothpicks.
For added fun, surround the dip with all the other foods you will be serving and create a ‘snackadium’ of sorts.
We hope this checklist helps make your Super Bowl Party spectacular!
When it comes time to clean up, things may get messy…